List of active policies
Who is collecting the data?
- NEON Create Ltd takes your privacy very seriously. To provide you with access to NPQonline, we must collect and store some personal information about you.
How will your personal information be used?
- Your personal information will be used to create your user profile on NPQonline.
- To enable us to give you access to the appropriate parts of the NPQonline site.
- You might be asked to add your photo to your user profile so that other NPQonline users (eg your online course facilitator and other participants on your online course) can 'see' you.
What other personal information is collected?
- As you use the NPQonline site, your IP address and a log of your activities on the site will be stored and linked to your user profile.
- We may also obtain other personal information about you or your colleagues if you volunteer it in your user profile, in any of the online discussion forums or in your submission for NPQ Summative assessment.
- If you do give us information about other people, you must make them aware that you are doing so before sharing their information with NPQonline.
What is the lawful basis for processing your personal information?
- NEON Create Ltd has a Legitimate interest in processing your personal information in order to fulfil its contracts with NPQ Lead providers.
Will personal information be shared with any third parties?
- If you participate in NPQonline courses, your personal information and any other information you provide during the courses will be shared with:
- the online course facilitators to enable them to support your learning,
- other course participants to enable you to share information and to network.
- an NPQonline assessor
- an NPQonline moderator (for 10% of all assessments)
- the DfE's Quality Assurance Agent (for 10% of all assessments)
- your NPQ Lead provider in the case of borderline results.
- If you submit documents for Summative assessment, your submission will be shared with:
- Your activity on the NPQonline site will be shared with Blue Level Media Ltd that hosts NPQonline and provides Moodle application support.
Data Security and Storage
- We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard and keep confidential your personal information. Access is restricted to those third parties mentioned above.
For how long will your personal information be stored?
- In case of query, your personal information will be retained for a period of 12 months after you have successfully completed Summative assessment or after you no longer need access to the site.
- After this 12-month period, your user profile will be deleted and any personal information in discussion forum posts in NPQonline courses will be anonymised. Anonymised data can only be deleted when all course participants have successfully completed Summative assessment and the online course itself can be deleted.
- If you withdraw from an NPQ programme, your personal information will be deleted from NPQonline. However, if you have already contributed to forum discussions in an online course, your posts will be anonymised until such time as all course participants have successfully completed Summative assessment and the course can be deleted.
- If you defer your participation in an NPQ programme, your personal information will be retained so that you can re-join the programme at a later date or until we are advised by your NPQ Lead provider that you have decided to withdraw.
- Summative assessment submissions will be retained in accordance with DfE guidelines.
- The content of the NPQonline site is copyrighted and should not be used or copied without permission from NEON Create Ltd.
- Whilst we will try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we do not accept any liability that may arise from your using or downloading resources from the site.
- Every effort is made to ensure that links to external websites are reputable and of high quality. However, we have no control over the content of those sites and you should read their privacy policies to find out about their use of data, including any links from their website to NPQonline.
- We cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the data transferred from you, or to you, via third-party applications such as internet browsers that you use.
- Cookies: Two cookies are used by the NPQonline site:
- A session cookie, usually called MoodleSession, which must be allowed in your browser to provide continuity and to maintain your login from page to page. When you log out or close your browser, this cookie is destroyed in your browser and on the NPQonline server.
- The MoodleID cookie is for your convenience as it remembers your username if you ask your browser to save it. This means that when you return to NPQonline, the username field on the login page will automatically be filled for you. It is safe to refuse this cookie, which would mean you would have to type in your username every time you log in.
Who is collecting the data?
NPQonline on behalf of NEON Learning and NEON Create Ltd.
What will NEON Learning and NEON Create Ltd do with your personal information?
- Contact you occasionally:
- to seek your views about the content and structure of NPQonline courses in addition to the information you provide in your end-of-course evaluation questionnaires,
- to send you materials which may be of interest to you,
- for market research purposes.
Will your personal information be shared with any third parties?
- Information will not be shared outside of NPQonline, NEON Learning or NEON Create Ltd.
- Please let us know if you do not wish to be contacted in this way.
- The NPQonline Data Protection Officer can be contacted via the Contact Data Protection Officer link in your User profile. You can also ask to see all your personal information held by NPQonline via the Data requests link in your User profile.
- The NPQonline Site Administrator can be contacted at: email@example.com
- Queries about marketing should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, you can write to NPQonline at: 30 Courtlands Avenue, Hampton, Middlesex TW12 3NT